Casey Truffo – The Transition Path From Independent Contractors to Employees
On-Demand Program (Self-Study)
The Dynamex Supreme Court decision in California now makes it very difficult if not impossible for CA group practice owners to have independent contractors on staff. But how do you convert your contractors to employees? This pre-recorded class was created to give you a lot of information as to how to do that – from how to pay them to how to navigate the conversation in ways that will maintain your culture.
That said, it is not legal advice so you will hear me suggest contacting an employment attorney for any legal questions.
In this program, we cover:
- Compensation models: Flat fee vs percentage.
- Calculating what you really can afford to pay – so you don’t end up paying too much.
- A structure (and sample spreadsheet) you can use when discussing the change with your clinicians.
- How to set up your payroll process.
- My attorney will be on one of the calls to answer our legal questions.
- How to handle complaints re the transition …and much more.
- 4 Hours of recorded training
- A sample spreadsheet that I use to make payroll take only 30 minutes
- Handy spreadsheets plus my compensation agreement and an explanation of the ‘giant circle’ for your new employees
- Recorded Q&A call with my attorney to answer some legal questions
Who This Is For:
This class is for people who either have at least one contractor or is looking for specifics on how to convert or bring on employees.
The tuition is $499 per person. (Sorry – no continuing education units provided.)