CPD – MS056 – Endocrine Emergencies Mini Series
MS056 – Endocrine Emergencies Mini Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Endocrine Emergency patients are serious presentations in your consulting room. Get the treatment right and you can usually manage your patient effectively. Get the treatment wrong and the outcome can be fatal. To get all the help you need to reach a diagnosis and institute the optimal management protocol with these small animal patients, register now for this online course.
- Join Medicine Specialist Kit Sturgess for three 2-hour online sessions.
- Get all the help you need with your endocrine emerency patients
- Make sure you’re up to date with current thinking in diagnostics and therapeutics
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access after purchase to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- The Mini Series was originally broadcast in June 2013
Adrenal Gland Disease in Dogs
- How to distinguish an Addisonian crisis from severe renal insufficiency
- Effective treatment protocols for the adrenal gland conditions you’ll see in practice
- Recognising and managing uncommon presentations of hyperadrenocorticism
Insulin Trouble and Hypothyroidism in Dogs
- Diabetic ketoacidotic crisis (DKA) – how to recognise it quickly
- Your management options for DKA – give yourself the best chance of a good outcome
- Is it epilepsy or is it a hypoglycaemic crisis due to insulinoma? Find out how to tell
- Uncommon presentations of myxoedema including coma
Endocrine Emergencies in Cats
- Endocrine emergencies are rarer in cats – make sure you can recognise one when it does present
- DKA in cats
- Non-ketotic hyperosmolar diabetes
- Hyperthyroid collapse
- Thyroid storm, cardiomyopathy
- Hypokalaemic muscle weakness
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.