CPD – MS060 – Equine Emergencies Mini Series
MS060 – Equine Emergencies Mini Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
This Mini Series is designed for mixed practitioners who would like to reinvigorate their confidence, knowledge and enthusiasm for equine emergency calls! It is suitable for both recent graduates and more experienced practitioners, and will cover diagnosis and management of commonly encountered equine emergencies, including what to do when referral isn’t an option.
- Case examples and essential practical tips from our expert tutor
- Join Harry Carslake MA VetMB DipACVIM MRCVS for three 2-hour online sessions.
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- 12 Months access to recorded sessions following purchase
- Superb value for money – learn without traffic jams or rota hassles
- This Mini Series was originally broadcast live in January 2014
Wounds near synovial structures and the acutely lame horse
- How to determine whether a wound involves a synovial structure or not
- Differentiating between causes of severe lameness
- Initial management and what to do when referral isn’t an option
The painful eye, choke and respiratory distress
- Tips on examination and management of the acutely painful eye
- How to clear the awkward choke case
- Assessment and management of respiratory distress
Mares and foals: Difficult foalings, retained placentas and management of sick foals
- Foalings: When to jump in your car and when to provide reassurance on the telephone
- Management of difficult foalings
- Treatment of retained placenta
- Assessment and resuscitation of sick neonatal foals