CPD – MS115 – Feline Behaviour Mini Series Vet
MS115 – Feline Behaviour Mini Series Vet
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
This Mini Series is suitable for both vets and vet nurses.
- Join Clare Wilson MA VetMB CCAB MRCVS PGDipCABC for three 2-hour online sessions and make life easier for you and your feline patients!
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your iPad!
- This Mini Series was originally broadcast live in June 2016.
Feline Ethology and Behavioural Development
- The history of domestication of the cat as an underlying basis for understanding behaviour of the modern domestic feline
- Understanding normal cat behaviour and how this can conflict with the domestic environment
- Behavioural development including the critical and sensitive periods
- Social behaviour and communication
- Genetic influences on normal behaviour
Environmental and Social Influences on Feline Behaviour
- Feline Friendly practice. Focusing on applying the knowledge of normal feline behaviour to the context of general practice so as to reduce stress for patients and staff
- Causes of stress in felines
- Visits to the surgery
- Preventative advice
Medical Influences on Feline Behaviour
- Important medical issues that can present with behavioural signs
- Focus on Feline Idiopathic Cystitis and Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome
- Conditions to consider prior to making a behavioural referral and the importance of the vet-behaviourist relationship
- Case study of a housesoiling case to illustrate medical issues affecting behaviour
- Some brief notes on the role of behaviour in obesity and pain in the delegate handout