Digital DJ Tips – Make Your Own Sample Sets
Every DJ understands the power of using samples in their DJ sets. Whether you want to use them to scratch, for drops, to dabble in controllerism, or just to add some “spice”, using your own unique samples makes you stand out from the crowd and adds an impressive new DJing skill to your repertoire. What’s more, by making your own personalised “set” or “sentence” of samples, compiled together on one special, unique track, you can use your own samples wherever you DJ, on any gear.
Make Your Own Sample Sets is a complete video course, delivered online in full HD, viewable on your computer, tablet or smartphone, so you can learn anywhere. With “over the shoulder” screen recordings, detailed follow-alongs, plus downloadable supporting documents, it’s everything you need in one place. What’s more, pay once and it’s yours for life, so you can take it at your own speed and refer back to it whenever you want.
What you’ll learn
- How to compile, produce and master your own totally individual sets of samples in one track
- How to import your source tracks, isolate and extract your samples, and level and manipulate your sounds
- The secrets of identifying and choosing effective samples, as we analyse classic sample sets
- Inventive uses of samples, including your own DJ name, to show the world that you are a creative DJ
- How to harvest your own music collection for vocal phrases, beats, stabs, raps, loops and other sounds
- Where to get DJ drops and jingles to include in your sample set to set yourself apart
- How to use samples with FX, filters, cue points, scratching and more to take your DJing to the next level
- How to perform pro tricks with samples like live vocal “juggling” and mash ups
- How to build an invaluable library of sample sounds of your own for sample slots and Remix Sets